Sundays, 1 – 3 p.m. on WOWD-LP, 94.3 FM
Talk of Takoma is a weekly magazine and interview show hosted by Takoma Voice Senior Editor Eric Bond on Takoma Radio, WOWD-LP, 94.3 FM, streaming at takomaradio.org.
Talk of Takoma scratches beneath the surface of our hometown with revealing interviews and unconventional perspectives. Each week, guests dig into local issues, public affairs, and culture. Talk of Takoma also broadcasts recordings and soundbites from the neighborhoods of Takoma—and from around the world.
Production Assistant Keshauna Stewart assists and joins the conversation.
Talk of Takoma Archive
Find sound files, photos and more from past shows in the Talk of Takoma Archive.
SUNDAY, JAN 29
- Takoma Park Counclmember Jarrett Smith
- Silver Spring Time Bank
- Hank Cox, author
SUNDAY, FEB. 5
- Takoma Park Mobilization:TBD
- Sue Katz Miller
- Glenn Kowalski
- Tazk: Tony Castillo and the Lab School
- The Play Lady
SUNDAY, FEB 12
- Del. Jheanellle Wilkins (D-20)
- The Gandhi Brigade
- The U-liners
- Free Minds/Write Night
SUNDAY, FEB 19
- Howard and Diana Kohn, part 2
- MAD Fitness
SUNDAY, NOV. 27
Join Eric Bond for a conversation about civil rights and community values with Hamza Khan, president of the Muslim Democratic Club of Montgomery County; local food issues, including the coming Takoma Community Kitchen, with Lorig Charkoudian, president of the Crossroads Community Food Network; and a cross section of indigenous and immigration issues, including a report from Standing Rock, with Gabrielle Tayac, historian at the National Museum of the American Indian.
- Alternative and local gift ideas.
- Takoma soundbite
SUNDAY, DEC. 4
Join our year-end review of official business and civic highlights with Takoma Park Mayor Kate Stewart; take a ride through the backroads with honky-tonk chanteuse Karen Collins; discuss winter flora with Washington Gardener Editor Kathy Jentz; and get safety tips from Jennifer Kurtinitis, member of the Takoma Park Emergency Preparedness Committee.
SUNDAY, DEC. 11
Learn more about community giving with Takoma Foundation President Shruti Bhatnagar; look ahead to hot issues during the 2017 Maryland General Assembly with District 20 Delegate David Moon; get a county update from Montgomery County Councilmember George Leventhal; and celebrate the longest night of the year with the Foggy Bottom Morris Men.
SUNDAY, DEC. 18
Discuss nuclear proliferation in the age of Trump with the Takoma Park Nuclear Free Committtee. Meet Takoma Park City Councilmember Rizzy Qureschi. And walk through history with Takoma Park luminaries Howard and Diana Kohn—from their days as investigative journalists at the Michigan Daily and Rolling Stone through decades of community building here in Takoma Park.
- Last minute alternative and local gift ideas
SUNDAY, DEC. 25
- Holiday laughter and tears: Tune in for special holiday programming, including community voices sharing their traditions and memories.
SUNDAY, JAN. 1
- Resolve to resolve: Talk of Takoma provides ideas from community experts on fitness, relationships, political activism, and more.
SUNDAY, JAN. 8
- The Bold Deceivers: Ready to pillage your heart
- Takoma Park Mobilization: Women’s March
- Annapolis preview with Seth Grimes
- Marc Elrich: Fight for 15 (tentative)
SUNDAY, JAN 15
- Beth Baker and Jennifer Beman (Takoma Park Memorial Scatter Garden)
- County Councilmember Marc Elrich
- Takoma Park Mobilization: Breaking Bread Together
- Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot
SUNDAY, JAN 22
- Inauguration/March coverage
- Takoma Park Mobilization: Sanctuary Cities